Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Something in the Woods...

  
           While the power was out we read  (re-read again... A tale of terror from our childhood....
August W. Derleth.... "the Lonesome Place"..... a creepy "atmospheric tale of the fear of "Dark Places"

                              a few lines from this great scary story , kiddies: ......
                "Did you see anything ...?" he would ask.
                               "No, but I heard it", I would say
"I felt it .," he would whisper tensely . Its got big flat clawed feet.....
Oh, ugly and soft and sharp claws ! I saw one out of the corner of my eye," he would say.
                                           " did you see its face ?",I would ask.

"It ain't got no face...!!!!" " Cross my heart an' hope to die, there aint no face".....  " That's worse than if there was one".
                                       
This is the book that I  have had since childhood from which we read many times over these years...
                           Good creepy short story ( about 9 or 10 pages) look it up for a good read....

3 comments:

  1. I will put it on my list to get one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Story really "creeped" me out as a youg teen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell ...we have two copies from the early 70's and would be glad to send you a copy... and do you still want "Modok"...??

    ReplyDelete