Sunday, February 16, 2014

Our First War.... Today's Dungeons and Dragons Post....


                           We used the Blue Boxed set (1st edition)
I was the DM.... and they took down one of my defensive towers with an "Elemental Burst" spell cast upon its base.... it fell crushing many of my troops .....
                                  They won later......
after that we later began to use the "Battle Masters" map along with added forces these games lasted many weekends ... to run a War usually took two or three months of late night weekends...  
The combat rolls and each NPC's stats always had a stack of notes at my side that were constantly being updated as the game progressed.... all the "record keeping" was toughest on me as a DM...
 "Area Effect" spells were very useful..... and we developed a "Battlefield Mage" class ( a sub-class of Magic User).... that was well over twenty years past....

No comments:

Post a Comment